DrinksAs your guests start to arrive, mulled wine is a great warming drink that will create a festive atmosphere. Cocktails are another classic drink that are a staple drink at events – perhaps a spicy apple fizz, a winter pimms or a cranberry punch? Not everyone wants to wake up with a hangover, so some non-alcoholic alternatives will be much appreciated.
CanapesWinter food is all about comfort. Winter vegetables are a staple item; some canapes that have gone down well are potato and parsnip latkes with roast beef and horseradish cream. Or perhaps a walnut shortbread with goats’ cheese, roasted butternut squash and a sprinkle of pinenuts? And for vegetarians, a wild mushroom tartlet with parmesan flakes is a sure winner.
BowlsBowls are a great way for your guests to socialise whilst trying a range of different food that has been carefully selected to deliver a memorable experience. Some of our favourites at At Home catering are:
- Root vegetable risotto topped with roasted chestnuts
- Navarin of lamb with winter vegetables and celeriac mash
- Pan seared fillet of seabass, saute artichokes, samphire, lemon and chive beurre rouge
- Winter fruit pavlova
- Marron glace creams with angel hair
- Mincemeat palmiers with vanilla cream and sherry